Saturday 28th July 2018 at 2pm
Whether you are interested in becoming a beekeeper, are an experienced keeper, or just want to learn more about bees, then come along to our free, family-friendly open day. Come and look at the various hives on display, stroll our beautiful flower meadow, and see demonstrations of the fascinating and wonderful world of beekeeping.
Key features of the afternoon include:
- Tours of the full apiary with an experienced Blackhorse volunteer
- A chance to discuss beekeeping, whether considering for the first time, or an experienced 'beek'
- Bee handling demonstration with John Hamer, Blackhorse Apiaries founder and teacher
- Exhibits showing the education work done at the apiary
- A wonderful selection of free BBQ, homemade cold food, and drinks
- Children's entertainment
Free parking is provided, but please follow the signs and directions from our volunteers as parking is on an adjacent site. Parking at the apiary is reserved for staff and those with a Blue Badge.