Saturday 29th July 2017
Whether you are interested in becoming a beekeeper, are an experienced keeper, or just want to learn more about bees, then come along to our free, family friendly, open day. The open day provides a great opportunity to explore the apiary, see the bees and beekeeping equipment, and discuss beekeeping.
Key features of the afternoon include:
- Tours of the full apiary with an experienced Blackhorse volunteer
- A chance to discuss beekeeping, whether considering for the first time, or an experienced 'beek'
- Bee handling demonstration with John
- Exhibits showing the education work done at the apiary
- A wonderful selection of free hot (bbq) and cold food and drinks
- Children's entertainment
Free parking is provided, but please follow the signs and directions from our volunteers as parking is on an adjacent site. Parking at the apiary is reserved for staff and those with a Blue Badge.